Redmond Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) is a private, non-profit corporation established in 1987 as a partnership between private business and the public sector to encourage economic development in the City of Redmond, Oregon. REDI’s Mission is to create prosperity through community and business development. The Strategic Plan to accomplish this is to increase the quality and number of jobs, as well as capital investment in the community.
REDI is an advocate for Redmond’s industrial companies and assists them by providing information about Redmond as an area for business, relocation or expansion. The results of REDI’s efforts are healthy and successful local industrial companies. This translates into jobs for Redmond citizens, a broadening of the City’s tax base, and a provision of vitality, prosperity, and diversity essential for a healthy local economy.
Among the confidential services provided by REDI are:
- Reference data and information on the Redmond area
- Assistance, information and referrals to facilitate employee recruitment and training
- Identification of appropriate and suitable commercial or industrial property
- Access to local, state and federal financial assistance programs
- Introductions to local government officials, civic leaders and the business community
- Access to incentive programs to grow your business
- Assistance in understanding City procedural and permit requirements and in facilitating the process
- Involvement of the REDI Board of Directors and area business and government leaders in retention and recruitment opportunities
REDI is funded jointly by the public and private sectors. Local businesses, individuals, Deschutes County, and the City of Redmond make one to five year pledges of financial contributions to the general fund of the organization. These operating funds support an annually updated three-year strategic action plan that sets the long term vision and parameters for the day-to-day operation.
We take our fiscal responsibility seriously. Therefore, REDI conducts an annual financial review of all our ledgers, transactions, budgets, and accounts. A copy of our most recent financial review report to the Board, can be found here.